Reliability & Maintenance Engineer
Cobalt and Specialty Mat.
If our recycling know-how can recover cobalt from industrial metal scrap, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
For the Maintenance department, located in Olen, Umicore is looking for a
Reliability & Maintenance Engineer
As member of the reliability team in Olen you are responsible for the reliability, operability, maintainability of all production facilities, energy installations, structures and buildings of the business unit Cobalt & Specialty Materials (CSM). On a daily basis you will work together with your production department to achieve the targets and with engineering for new projects in this department. You will report at the reliability manager.
- You look at critical equipment and initiate continuous improvements based on OEE
- You support the organization of the shutdown periods by reviewing the schedule
- You analyze unplanned stops in production in a structured way. This also means going at the shopfloor and deep-diving into technical systems and their functionality.
- Consequently you define and improve pro-active maintenance concepts for installations in order to improve the reliability and availability. You develop clear instruction sheets and refine where needed.
- You are driving the transition from reactive maintenance to proactive asset management.
- You are familiar with the coordination of multi-disciplinary teams consisting of Production Managers, Supervisors, Operators and craftsmen, Maintenance Managers, Project Engineers, Process Engineers, Safety Engineers, Purchasers as well as external suppliers.
- You look at the Total Cost of Ownership
- You organize proactive Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) - sessions and reactive root cause analyses; out of this you deduce inspection plans and optimized maintenance and operating instructions.
- You manage the Life Cycle Management process used in new investment files working closely together with engineering.
- You train and coach coworkers and assist operational maintenance when needed with possible major breakdowns.
- As a teamplayer, you share best practices within the reliability team.
- You hold a technical master's degree with 2 to 5 years of experience in reliability or operational excellence, preferably in a non-stop process industry.
- You have a good technical understanding. You are motivated and able to accumulate knowledge, especially in the mechanical and electrical field.
- You are familiar with the reliability concepts (RCM), root cause analyses, pareto, 5S, DMAIC, lean tools.
- With your analytical skills, creative approach and concern for quality, you define sustainable improvements.
- You are a good communicator, supportive to your colleagues and respected by all layers in the organization.
- You take initiative and feel comfortable in taking decisions.
- You are familiar with change management
- You have good personal skills to engage others.
- You have excellent knowledge of Dutch and are fluent in English. German is an advantage.
- You have knowledge of SAP. SAP PM is an advantage
- You have excellent MS office skills
What we offer
At Umicore, we aim to lead by example, commit to quality products and services and to our values. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which our people can succeed, and a culture that is open to sharing ideas, develop expertise and careers, coupled to a motivating remuneration package.