Production Manager Cobalt Refining
Cobalt and Specialty Mat.
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Mastering the cobalt value chain. Umicore’s expertise covers the sourcing, production and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Umicore’s materials are at the heart of products we use every day such as rechargeable batteries, tools, paints and tyres. Our recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. To meet the demands of our customers we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Translate the vision/mission and strategy of Cobalt & Specialty Materials (CSM) Olen into yearly department objectives.
- Prepare the budget of the mini-company and realize the budget in terms of volume and quality of the products and in terms of costs.
- Run the day to day business of the mini-company Refinery and be fully responsible for the daily KPI's. Organize and coordinate all operational aspects (volumes, quality, EHS) of the mini-company. Follow-up the processes, assure the production rates and correct if necessary.
- Lead and coach the team (coordinators, supervisors, technical assistants and operators). Promote at a daily basis a good social climate within the department and together with social partners. Responsible for people, training and development. Promote and cultivate team work, ownership & engagement within the mini-company.
- Work closely together in good co-operation and stimulate cross departmental learning with the other mini-companies, Maintenance, Reliability and Process Research & Innovation to optimize the results and through synergy projects.
- Prioritize maintenance activities and related planning, in defining an optimal maintenance strategy, keeping the maintenance cost within budget and in defining new investments.
- Work closely together with the marketing and sales managers of the involved Business Lines to align strategy on supply chain (end products and raw materials) and support them.
- Keep up-to-date with product and process development, technologies and applications and support the Process Engineer in implementing process changes.
Who we are looking for
- You have a Master Degree in engineering (Metallurgy or Chemistry) with at least 5 years of experience in a production environment, by preference with a hydrometallurgical flow sheet.
- Born as a leader you will have the chance to develop yourself shortly in this role focusing on empowerment and growth of the team members and committed to values, people and results.
- You have a good knowledge of processes, process flows, cross links, quality requirements in operations.
- You have excellent knowledge of Dutch and a good knowledge of English. French and German is a plus.
- You are a strong communicator and a good listener.
- You take initiative, see opportunities and has a problem solving attitude.
- You possess a safety and quality mindset to achieve results.
- You are able to build a network and maintain contact with all levels of the organization.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our recycling know-how can recover cobalt from industrial metal scrap, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?