Project Engineering Manager
Cobalt and Specialty Mat.
Purpose of the function
Within the framework of the policy and strategy of the Cobalt & Specialty Materials Olen and the Project Engineering Department, you manage your own portfolio of projects in order to realize the investment projects of the different business units active on the site Olen (CSM, Group R&D Olen, Electro-Optics Materials, Rechargeable Battery Material and Industrial Relations). You report functionally to a Senior Project Manager and hierarchically to the Head of Project Engineering Department.
- You manage the project portfolio assigned to you, with different sizes and priorities.
- With your project team and in close collaboration with other departments involved (i.e. production and maintenance), you:
- study and analyse the required technology for revamps and new units
- propose technical improvements and/or solutions, in a feasibility – basic & detailed engineering phase, including a budget estimate
- realize the complete project implementation including detailed engineering, suppliers selection and follow-up, site supervision and start-up
- determine the resource requirements for the projects in his/her portfolio
- You assist the start-up teams for the different investment project.
- You work close together with the senior project manager, the production manager and his staff, the different engineering teams and the maintenance organisation.
- You apply the quality system (ISO 9001), the safety policies (OHSAS 18000) and environmental processes and procedures (ISO 14000).
- You achieve the departmental targets and realise the budget in collaboration with the head of Project Engineering Department and other Projects Managers.
- You assure a critical and proactive control and follow up of the planning and the physical progress made by the different teams and contractors.
- You have a Master in Engineering or Applied Sciences with 3 to 6 years of relevant experience and technical knowledge in project management.
- You have basic knowledge of hydro-metallurgy and/or dust management.
- You have experience with the practical side of environmental, health, safety issues and quality systems.
- You have working knowledge of MS Office. 2D- and 3D-software are a plus.
- Fluent in Dutch and able to understand technical papers in English, French and German.
- You are an excellent team leader, who can successfully implement and start up new installations with his/her project team, this in close collaboration with other departments (e.g. production, maintenance, safety, purchasing …).
- You are skilled in drafting global project reports.
- You can synthesize a number of data and come to clear conclusions.
- You are able to handle miscellaneous tasks simultaneously.
- You are willing to travel abroad for specific assignments.