Maintenance Specialist (Arab, AL)
United States, Arab Alabama
Cobalt and Specialty Mat.
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician at our Arab, AL facility.
This position is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of all plant equipment and property to ensure minimal downtime and a safe work environment. This position will focus on electrical, automation, pumps, hydraulic, and auxiliary equipment and systems.
1. General Maintenance
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair components of all production equipment and building infrastructure to prevent and/or minimize downtime.
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks on all production equipment.
- Plan and/or assist in setup and installation of new equipment and/or equipment components. Plan or assist in dismantling obsolete equipment and/or components.
- Recommend and/or implement methods or system improvements to increase operational efficiency including up time and quality of products and services.
- Maintain stock of parts and supplies by reporting low stock counts or specific parts needed to Team Leader (including stock replenishment and determination of parts).
- Interface with vendors and/or contractors to ensure proper repair, replacement or installation and operation of machine and/or building components.
- Available for call-in during off shifts.
- Ensure a safe, clean and organized working environment by utilizing 5S Standards. Continually support safety programs in line with Umicore goals.
2. Electrical/Automation Maintenance
- Replace fuses, light bulbs, circuit breakers, electric switches, and other electrical equipment following electrical specifications.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair PLC automation systems.
3. Pump/Hydrualic/Auxiliary Equipment Maintenance
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, pump seals, and other rotating equipment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic equipment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair air compressors and systems.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair chillers, cooling tower, and systems.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair boiler equipment and systems.
4. Pipe Systems / Fabrication / Welding Maintenance
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair pipe systems and components.
- Perform welding maintenance and installation activities as required.
- Fabricate parts as needed for repairs and projects.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Electrical experience desired including Variable Frequency Drives, PLC and Motor Control along with all types of electrical phasing
- Electrical certification a plus
- Experience working with pumps and hydraulics
- Welding and fabrication ability a plus
- Forklift experience a plus
- Knowledge of 5S a plus
- Computer literacy – Preferably with Microsoft Office (excel, word, outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Demonstrated ability to design and plan equipment installations
- Effectively troubleshoot
- Strong commitment to safety & quality
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law..