EHS Compliance Technician (Arab, AL)
United States, Arab Alabama
Cobalt and Specialty Mat.
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore Cobalt and Specialty Materials is currently seeking a EHS Compliance Technician at our Arab, AL facility.
This position is responsible for assisting USCA EHS & Lab Manager, to ensure compliance is achieved in accordance with EHS and ISO requirements and company objectives.
1. Responsible for assisting with site EHS requirements:
Ensure accurate and timely data collection to complete EHS reports in compliance with State and Federal regulatory requirements and company objectives. These include SID DMR, NPDES, Tier II, Form 8700-12, Form R, Waste Disposal, NESHAP 6V, SPCC/BMP, OSHA 300 log, PSM, TSCA.
Ensure a safe work place is maintained in accordance with regulatory and Umicore Standards to include:
- Preparation and delivery of new employee orientation.
- Preparation and delivery of monthly site safety meetings.
- Incident Reports: conduct investigations, prepare reports, follow-up.
- Conduct, document, and provide feedback on training and evacuation drills.
- Assist with site waste minimization and disposal initiatives.
- Participate in JSA/PHA/PRA reviews.
- Participate in site Risk Awareness Initiative.
Assist with internal and external audits.
- ISO, ADEM, OSHA external auditors.
- Conduct internal weekly inspections, prepare reports, follow-up on corrective and preventive actions.
Support GHS Compliance.
Update Safety and Environmental procedures as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned
2. Responsible for assisting with the site ISO Management System: - Assist in maintaining the ISO Management System to ensure compliance to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards. - Perform as alternate for Document Controller: complete change of document requests, customer specifications, management of change requests, and maintain system. - Initiate, update, and follow-up of NCRs, CARs, OTMPs, CDRs. - Participate in ISO Internal and External Audits.
Education and Experience
Associates Degree in Environmental Sciences, Occupational Health and Safety, or a closely related field.
At least 2 years of hands-on compliance experience in the chemical or metal industry. -Experience with ADEM reporting and OSHA regulations.
Experience with ISO 14001 and 9001.
Experience with employee training and presentations.
Experience conducting contingency exercises is a plus.
Good knowledge of safe work practice.
Hands-on experience with GHS compliance.
High level of ownership
Problem solving and process oriented
Accurate, complete and timely
Sets an environment of continuous improvement to ensure maximum results
Balances immediate and long-term priorities
Interpret, apply, and comply with government regulations
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Advanced computer skills
Capable of managing several priorities under time restraint to meet deadlines
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law..